Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

Today was the 1st day of Kindergarten for Logan at Herriman Elementary. He was excited, I was sad. This is the first summer I have been home with my boys and have loved every minute of it! So needless to say, I am not ready for him to be in school yet! Since Logan has afternoon classes, we were able to have a lazy & relaxed morning to get ready.



I was a little disappointed that when we arrived at the school, they wouldn't let the parents go into the school with their kids. So I had to say goodbye at the door, snap a quick picture and off he went. Like a few of the other parents there, I stood outside the school door for a few minutes waiting-I don't know for what. And yes, I did cry a little.




After dropping Logan off at school, I met up with a few friends I haven't seen in a while at the Marble Slab for ice-cream. Dani lives in Texas and was here visiting family for a week so we tried to get our little gang together. Andrea only lives a few minutes from me, but we are both so busy with kids, husbands, etc. that we don't get to see each other too often. Unfortunately one friend, Julie, was not able to make it due to sick kids at home. We missed her, but still had a good time catching up on each others lives and re-living memories. I must admit though, I did check the clock on the wall every few minutes to see if it was time to get Logan yet.



After ice-cream I went straight to Logan's school. I waited outside the Kindergarten doors for his class to come out. After Mrs. Geisa brought out the kids, she had them stand in a line till they could locate their parents. When she got to Logan and he pointed at me, she waived then asked me to stay after for a minute. Uh-oh, that can't be good. It's the 1st day of school and already the teacher wants to talk with me. (Sigh)



I guess Logan decided he had had enough and after trying to hid from Mrs. Geisa in the classroom, he tried to leave the school to go home. Mrs. Geisa wanted to let me know what had happened, and that she had to "put her foot down and be firm". But after that Logan did pretty good. I am hoping this is a one time incident and that the rest of the school year will go a little better!


So my oldest baby is now a big kid in Kindergarten. I can't believe how fast time flies! He will turn 6 years old on Friday! How can he be that old already?! As all parents do with their kids, I just beam with pride because of my kids! They are both wonderful and my life just wouldn't be complete without them!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! I'm laughing over Logan's first day "experience." That'll make for a classic story for the ages.
    (At least it wasn't something bad!)

    I absolutely LOVED meeting for ice cream. I think we should do that more often. If ice cream is what it takes to get together, then I'm up for it! It's cheap and yummy. (Although my kids don't like to sit still for long.)

    I'm so glad you get to be home with your boys. It really is amazing to be the one who spends time with and knows them the best, for better or worse!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete